Hotmail Sign In is an online process carried out to gain access to your Hotmail account. Hotmail is a global webmail service that is now recognized as Outlook and is easily accessible from any web browser. It is well equipped with the best features that compound a web service in performing email tasks and activities. Since its launch in 1996, Hotmail has widely grown into a global enterprise and has also become a major email service globally. Moreover, it is also recognized as a reliable go-to platform if you are looking for a cloud-based platform with quality.
As a user with a Hotmail account, signing in is pretty mandatory if you wish to gain access to your account. Moreover, signing in grants you the opportunity to make full use of all the features that Hotmail has.
How Hotmail Sign-In Through Web Browsers Works
Here are the steps to follow if you want to sign in to your Hotmail account via web browsers:
- Visit the web browser of your desired choice
- In the search bar, type in www.hotmail.com
- You are then directed to the main login page
- Navigate to the top right side of the screen
- Click on the ‘Sign In’ button.
- Then, you enter your email address and click on Next
- Next, you will enter your account password
- Click on Next
Now, that is how you successfully sign in to your Hotmail account through web browsers.
Hotmail Sign-In Through Android Device
If you know that you make use of an Android, it is still possible to sign in to your Hotmail account. Hotmail is still accessible in Android devices and you can use this medium to sign in to your account. Here are the steps to follow:
- First, you have to visit your Play Store and Install the Hotmail app
- Once the installation of the app is complete, launch it on your home screen
- Click on ‘Add Account
- Then, proceed to enter your email address
- Tap on Continue
- Now, you will enter your account password
- Lastly, you click on Sign In
That is how you can easily sign in to your Hotmail account through your Android device. It is easy to get this done in a short matter of time.
How Hotmail Sign-In Through iPhone Or iPad Is Done
You do not have to worry about if it is possible to sign in to your Hotmail account through your iPhone or iPad. Hotmail is still accessible on this device because they are compatible. Here’s how you can sign in using your iPhone or iPad:
- First, you have to visit your App Store and download the Hotmail app
- Launch the app after downloading.
- Tap on the Add Account button
- Proceed to type in your email address
- Click on Continue
- Now, enter your accurate password
- Lastly, you will then click on Sign In
If you follow the above steps, you will successfully gain access to the Hotmail application on your iPhone or iPad.
Do People Still Use Hotmail?
There are tons of users out there that still possess their Hotmail email addresses. With that fact stated, such users are still using the use of their Hotmail addresses to this very date.
However, the chance to create a new Hotmail address for new users isn’t very possible. This happened ever since Outlook took over Hotmail as a whole. So while existing users are still making use of their Hotmail addresses, new users cannot create or use Hotmail accounts.
So yes, people still use Hotmail addresses.
What Is It Now Called?
Since the changeover, Outlook is now the new name for Hotmail. Still, it really doesn’t matter. As long as you have been an existing user, you can still sign in using your preferred web browser, the mobile application on your Android or iOS devices, etc.
Why is it called Hotmail?
HTML is a huge inspiration behind the name Hotmail. The name “Hotmail” was picked out of many trials ending in “-mail”. In addition, “HoTMaiL”, was the original case used in typing the name. The markup language is also used to create web pages.