Support Worker Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship – research has shown that in recent times, support workers including nurses, Care Assistants, Elderly Workers, and a lot more are needed in the United States. The shortage of competent and professional individuals in this sector has led to high demand for workers. According to research, the shortage is due to factors such as retirement, change in career, migration, etc.
To further increase the number of individuals in this sector, U.S.-based employers are currently hiring foreign support workers. In addition, they are offering eligible applicants a visa sponsorship and other benefits such as medical coverage, paid leave, flexible schedule, etc. As a support worker in the United States, you can earn an average salary of $15.95 per hour and $46,848 per year. Many employers and organizations in the United States are willing to pay more based on your qualifications, input and experience.
With little or no experience you can qualify for the job as you will be required to go through a series of training. Nonetheless, having enough qualifications can help boost your salary and other benefits attached to the job. To apply for this role as a foreigner in Nigeria, Ghana, India, Canada, or any part of the world, read through this article to the end.
Who is a Typical Support Worker?
A support worker or an aid is a person tasked with the duty of helping others and tending to their needs. A support worker is a specialist who gives emotional, social, and practical assistance to people with difficult mental and physical health conditions. They look after these people and assist them with their daily routines.
Also, a support worker may be responsible for countless clients; hence, it is essential that they understand their client’s individual physical and psychological needs. If someone is vulnerable, it is the support worker’s responsibility to make their everyday life easier and more comfortable.
Types of Support Workers
There are so many types of support workers in the United States. However, the three main or most popular support workers are Domestic, Clinical, and Communal support workers.
- Domestic Support Worker
A domestic support worker assists their patient in a domestic context, such as their home or private apartment. These specialists can work with people of all ages, including children, the elderly, and the disabled.
When these patients are unable to complete a major portion of their daily responsibilities at home on their own or require support with specific obligations, a support worker is necessary. Their levels of commitment range from doing laundry to making meals and listening to their problems. Some of the roles to consider while working under this role are; Care assistant, Personal assistant, Care Worker, and Carer.
- Clinical Support Worker
On the other hand, a clinical support worker provides care to patients in a medical or clinical setting, such as a hospital or private practice. They help their patients with a variety of tasks inside the confines of a medical facility.
This type of care worker may assist their patients in using the restroom or changing into hospital gowns. However, depending on the nature of their patient’s needs, they may also assist them with a plethora of duties like the administration of medication and other essential functions.
- Communal Support Worker
Meanwhile, a communal support worker is a professional who helps patients, including adults and children, who are in difficult living situations or have a disability. Workers in social services constitute the most common sort of communal support worker.
When individuals are supported, they may receive assistance to help them deal with a mental health crisis or a physical impairment. When it comes to children, they may provide preventative care or protection, as well as adoption and fostering services if necessary. Their primary goal in working with people is to assist them in attaining a healthy state of well-being and a higher quality of life.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Support Worker
As a support worker, you can care for children or elderly people. This career helps develop important interpersonal skills and emotional awareness by performing supportive duties.
- Creating care plans that are tailored to the needs of the clients.
- Offering emotional support to customers by discussing their requirements and listening to their problems.
- Assisting with household activities such as shopping, cooking, cleaning, and laundry.
- Attending to each client’s medical needs.
- Assisting clients in applying for jobs, disability grants, and home loans.
- Counselling individuals who are addicted to drugs or alcohol.
- Assisting clients in participating in recreational activities.
- Consultation with customers to discuss their practical and emotional requirements.
- Taking case notes and keeping track of the case logbook.
- Educating family members on fundamental support approaches.
What Visa Do I Apply for a Support Worker Job In USA?
To apply For a Job as a Support Worker in the United States of America, you need to apply for an EB-3 Visa. This visa allows you to work and live in the United States Permanently. Also, this visa doesn’t require skills, qualifications, or previous experience. However, applicants must be healthy and physically fit before they can apply for this visa.
In addition, you must be able to write and speak English fluently. Note to apply for this visa, your U.S employer must file an application to the USCIS and then meet the requirements of the organization. Once your employment application is approved, you will be issued an EB-3 visa to work in the United States.
Top companies for Support Workers in the United States
Some of the top companies in the United States hiring support workers and also offering them visa sponsorship are;
- Inner City Family Services
- Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance
- Saint Dominic’s Family Service
- MBI Health Services
- North Capitol Collaborative, Inc
Where to Find Support Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
Thanks to the internet, you can easily find and search for jobs online. However, some of the most popular website to check out while searching for a support worker job in the USA with Visa Sponsorship is;
Requirement and Skills Needed
Before applying for a support job in the United States, you must meet certain qualifications. Plus, some vital skills are required to be approved. Among the most common skills and qualifications needed to apply for a position as a Support worker in the US are;
- Completion of a high school diploma or GED.
- A degree in health and social care is preferred.
- A willingness to assist others.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Empathetic and good at listening.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Capability to perform domestic duties.
- Willingness to assist with basic medical procedures.
- Be patient and emotionally strong.
- Strong leadership abilities.
Applicant must pass the mandatory Drug test and Background Check
You need the following requirements and skills to apply for this position. However, aside from the above-listed skills and requirements, you might require to have other qualifications based on your sponsor or employer.
How to Apply for a Support Worker Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
The process of applying for a Support Worker Job in the United States is pretty easy and straightforward if you follow the steps and guidelines orderly. To apply for this role, you must ensure your vital credentials and documents are ready. You must have a CV or Resume that meets US standards. Then, follow the steps and guidelines below to apply;
- Ensure your computer or mobile device is connected to stable internet.
- Visit any of the above job list websites using your web browser.
- Click on the search bar at the top of the website and search for “Support Worker Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship”
- Scroll through the search result and then, find a job that suits your needs and qualification.
- Confirm the vacancy is legit by researching the company online.
- Click on the APPLY icon once you’ve concluded the research.
- This takes you to the company’s website.
- Lastly, carefully follow the on-screen instructions and guidelines to complete the process.
Support Worker Interview Questions
After completing your online application, you will be invited for an online interview. To enable pass your interview, we’ve compiled some of the most frequently asked questions during support worker interviews. Check out the questions below and try providing answers in your own words.
- Can you tell us about yourself?
- Do you have previous experience as a Support Worker?
- What are the common duties of a Support Worker?
- How will you enable emergencies and stress?
- Why would you want to work in the United States and not your home country?
- What makes you the right candidate for this Position?
- What questions do you have for the company?
- Benefits of Working as a Support Worker in USA
Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Dental Insurance
- Health Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Disability Insurance
- 401(K) Matching
- Vision Insurance
How much does a Support Worker Earn in USA?
As previously stated, a Support worker in the United States can earn up to $46,848 per year in the United States. This is estimated at $15.95 per hour and $3,317 per month. Although, salary can be affected based on factors such as the state, location of the firm, years of experience and educational qualifications, etc.
However, some of the top paying cities to find and apply for Support worker jobs are Washington DC – $5,241 per month, Portland $3,915 per month, Omaha, NE $3,633 per month, etc.