The construction industry in USA is a flourishing sector that continues to experience notable yearly growth. Construction Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship is fully available due to the increasing demand for new buildings, housing, and infrastructure across the states. Are you a skilled and experienced construction worker? Would you like to work somewhere different from your home country and earn about $33,261 to $45,300 per year, which has the tendency to increase as you go? If affirmative, then the construction job in USA with visa sponsorship is worth considering.
In this article, I will be letting you know the visa sponsorship process, and what are its requirements. I will also offer hints on the qualifications required, how to find construction jobs and how you can increase your chances of getting a visa sponsorship.
Who is a Construction Worker?
A typical construction worker is a person who is involved in different projects and also sticks to the method of construction and plans that are given by the site supervisor.
They assist architects, engineers, construction managers, and others in the planning and making of a complete and durable structure.
Some of their duties include loading and unloading raw materials when they are required.
What Is the Average Salary of a Construction Worker in USA
The Construction job in USA is a well-paying job. The average salary of a construction worker is about $18.75 per hour which rounds up to about $39,000 yearly.
At an entry-level position, you are likely to earn about $32,261 per year. However, this can increase due to the level of experience, skills, and level of education.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Construction Worker in USA
There are certain duties and responsibilities assigned to a construction worker in USA. Some of these duties and responsibilities include;
- Perform the construction tasks as directed by the site supervisor.
- Operate heavy-duty tools and equipment safely and efficiently.
- To read and interpret blueprints and plans.
- Measure and cut materials accurately.
- Making use of explosives to break structures according to the guide.
- Cleaning the site from discarded material and debris.
- Preparing the construction materials and applying them to fill gaps or build structures.
- Assisting the tradesmen and machine operators in construction projects.
- Assisting in loading and unloading of materials.
- To maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Mixing, pouring, and levelling concrete.
- Putting the traffic signals in the appropriate place.
- Making use of the equipment to break old forms and structures.
There could be more duties and responsibilities. In such situations, the site supervisors or Engineers will communicate that effectively.
Benefits of Working as a Construction Worker in USA
The benefits associated with working as a construction worker in the United States of America with visa sponsorship include:
- Flexible working schedule.
- Diverse opportunities.
- Job security.
- Competitive salary.
- Career Advancement.
- Cultural exchange.
Type of Visa to Apply for To Get a Construction Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
To live and work legally in USA, you need to have a work visa. The work visa that will be your ticket to living your dream in America is an H-2B visa.
H-2B Visa– This visa program allows United States employers to fill either temporary or full-time non-agricultural positions with workers from any of the 80 eligible foreign countries.
Requirements to Apply
To stand a chance of approval, there are certain requirements you must meet. Some of these requirements push you forward and they include;
- Ability to work in a team.
- Experienced as a construction worker.
- High school diploma.
- Can read instructions and blueprints.
- Being outstanding in balance and eye-hand coordination.
- Knowing some basic knowledge of engineering and contraction methods and principles.
- Experience some operating equipment such as drills, trench rammers, and pneumatic hammers.
- Having good communication skills.
- Knowing a basic knowledge of mixing and pouring construction materials
- Must be physically fit.
- Being able to judge the weather conditions.
- English language proficiency
Meeting these requirements takes you one step ahead of others. And there is a chance you’ll get the job. However, note that requirements vary by employer.
So, you might not need all of the above listed or even more might be expected of you. Therefore, if other requirements apply, ensure to meet them so as for you to successfully secure the job.
Where to Find a Construction Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
It is quite easy to get a construction job in the United States of America. With the use of job listing sites, you will be able to find a construction job in USA from your comfort zone. Some of these job sites include;
With the help of those job sites listed above, you will be able to find a construction job opening in USA with visa sponsorship.
How to Apply for a Construction Job in USA
Applying for a construction job in USA with visa sponsorship is a straightforward and easy process. However, if you are finding it difficult to apply for the job, here are simple steps you can follow below;
- Connect to the internet.
- Find a way to your web browser and visit any of the job search sites of your choice.
- With the use of the search bar, find the construction jobs that you want in USA.
- You will come across a list of construction job openings.
- Tap on the Job opening to see the full details of the job.
- Select the job of your choice.
- Click the “Apply Now” button.
- You will be automatically directed to the Company’s official page.
- Follow the instructions to apply.
- Upload your CV when requested.
- Lastly, submit your application.
Once the job application has been submitted, the company will get back to you if you qualify for the construction job.
I will also direct you to more skilled job in USA with Visa Sponsorship: